happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Sunday, July 30, 2006

What is LIFE?


Went to watch “Pirates of the Carribean” this afternoon and guess what? Johnny Depp had a compass that just couldn’t point still in one direction. All because he didn’t know what he wanted in life. And this started me thinking… what do I want in life? For many, they must get married and have children to complete their lives. For others, they want lots of money to do all the things they’ve wanted to to.

For me? SIGH… Not that I’ve never thought about ‘what is life’ before. I was only 12 when I first thought of this question. I wasn’t quite happy then and didn’t have very pleasant thoughts in my mind. As I grew a bit older, I wanted to marry by 25 and have two kids before 28 (I think it was ‘cos of the tax deductions then). Subsequently, I started wondering why were we brought into this world? What is the meaning of life? And my conclusion? Life is but suffering. So, I decided I’ll never have kids because I don’t want more to suffer.

Even though I’m relatively happy now, I still have not found a good answer to this question. And what is my direction in life? Over the past few years, many things have happened and I have matured a lot. For now, I know that life is short. While we can choose the way we live it, it’s never ours to keep. All I want to live my life happily and treasure those who matter to me - my parents, my brother, the few good friends I have. All the rest do not quite matter. For now…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home