happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Supergirl is Down with a Limb, 어떻게?

Thank god for this lovely view from my office... sure brightens up my day a little

Woke up early this morning with a slight sore throat and running nose and still looking forward to my 7.5 km run. But it was not to be… as I stepped out of bed, pain shot up my ankle. But being the tough gal as my coach calls me, I was confident I could do my run. Yep, I thought I was Supergal and made of steel.

I had to run for two reasons – train for my first competitive run this Sunday and to feel less guilty for my incessant snacking. Anyhow, I went down to the track and boy! My ankle was so painful that I had to jog really slowly – timing was BAD and I could only do 3.6km. I decided that I should ‘listen to my body’ (as my yoga teacher had always said) lest I have to give up my 8.4km MILK Run this Sunday.

Frankly, I should have expected this – after jogging on a 45˚-sloped beach two months ago and falling down a month later, I've never rested my legs properly. Sigh, I’ll just have to adapt to the situation:
1. Stop the incessant snacking (I think the best way is to throw away all the fool I have in the office and at home)
2. Change my exercise routine – go swimming or to the gym instead

Yep, life is but about changes, isn’t it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home