happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Saturday, July 15, 2006

The First Time…

Since I blogged about First Love in my Korean Blog, I thought I should log the ‘Firsts’ that I’ve experience in life last week.

It was the first time I became a landlord, or should I say, landlady. Yes, it was a happy weekend for me. Within one day, I had three offers for my flat. While I didn’t let out to the highest bidder, I hope my tenants are good tenants. I must really thank my mom for what she has done for me… taking care of 95% of the things needed to be done for the flat. And I don’t blame her for her constant nagging too but I was really too busy. To make up for it, I gave her the first month’s rental.

Last week was also the first time I became the proud owner of a digital SLR camera. After considering for more than a year, I finally bought a Canon 350D. I’ll have to set aside time to learn how to use it properly or it'll become a white elephant. Hmmm, I think I’ve been quite a spendthrift lately. I’d better tighten the purse string for the rest of the year.

P/S: I completed my first competitive run on 2 July and the results were out this week - a disappointing 80th position, out of 700-800 runners. I don't know how on earth women can clock 33min for 8.4km! My timing was 45min : ( Sigh....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home