happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Saturday, June 24, 2006

A Long Saturday Morning

Tic-Tac-Toe anyone? Green Tea Sugee emerges as the winner!

I woke up at 3am this morning to watch my World Cup team play soccer. Yes, it was Korea vs Switzerland. This is the first time in this World Cup that I was willing to shorten my beauty sleep to watch 22 men chase after one ball. But it was an important match as it will determine if one of my two favourite teams can get into next 16. Alas, it was not fated to be and Korea lost. Since France won Togo, France get to go into next round as they have one more point than Korea. It was a sad moment for me and I guess the Koreans must be devastated.

Since I couldn’t go back to sleep, I decided to bake cookies and I baked not one, but two types –Banana Cinnamon Chewies and Green Tea Sugee Cookies. I’ve been dreaming up the latter recipe for awhile but simply couldn’t find the time to do it. With the President’s Charity coming up soon, I need to build on last year’s success and bake some new cookies to sell. I think my new invention was not bad but I could cut down on the green tea powder. Shall try a black sesame version when I can find time... but I'll need to find more guinea pigs to spread the fats around. Or I'll be as round as my sugee cookies ; )

After baking, there wasn’t any time left to clear my work as I had to go for tennis, followed by lunch with a friend, a Korean movie and dinner with another group of friends. And tomorrow will be yet another busy day – tennis, lunch with parents, shopping to buy furniture for my new flat... where in the world am I going to find time to clear my work, settle my bills, study Korean and cook my pumpkin soup? And yes, I was supposed to buy my Digital SLR this weekend too… sigh.


I really need 48 hours in a day. Or clone myself. Period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home