happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

제 아버지 (My Father)

No, no, of course my dad's not that ugly...
though he's quite fierce, he's very shy too,
just like an iguana, camouflaging and merging with the environment
__________________________________________

To my dad:

A tall figure he used to stand
But now a hunched old man
Springs in his steps we used to see
But now a weary drag in his heels

Bald as he may be
Petty as he may seem
I love him as he is
For the sweetness that's in him

Cold wars there may have been
'Cos of the male chauvinist he is
Dad's still the greatest man I've seen
His little girl forever I will be

“Happy Father's Day, Dad!
Thank you for all that you've done for me.
May you continue your journey in life
With laughter, great wealth and excellent health.”


남변없어요. 남자칭구없어요.
하지만 나는 남자사람을 정말사랑해요.
이분이 아버지 입니다. 물론.
아버지없어요. 샌디없어요.

“아바 고마워. 진짜 진짜. 나 사랑해요”

_________________________________________________________________

P/S: The world will celebrate Father's Day this Sunday, 18 June. Since I won't be in town, I'm dedicating this to my dad in advance. But no words nor poem can describe how I feel. I owe him alot, alot especially during the period when I was really down and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home