happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Shopping Therapy for the Happy Soul

Egg tarts and cherries (below) rule the day but there are other must-try desserts listed on my travel blog.

Hong Kong has long been touted as Asia’s food and shopping paradise. For many years, Singapore has been trying to catch up but we still have not succeeded and I can see why.

During my recent weekend trip there, out of the many malls and shops that I patronised, only one had a service staff with a really grumpy face. All the rest were friendly, approachable, attentive to our needs and I must say, very persuasive in getting us to part with our tourist dollar. What impressed me was even the MTR subway station had trained service staff on the lookout for lost tourists so that they can help them with directions. I supposed Hong Kong has come a long way. I remembered when I stepped on Hong Kong soil almost eight years ago, the service staff were rather rude and they could only speak Cantonese. Now, they could converse easily in Mandarin and English.

This was a wonderful trip. Shopping was great and I ate food was great. Retail therapy never fails to make a woman happy. So, Happy is even HAPPIER now, what with the biggest shopping haul ever ; )

Read more about it on my travel blog.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home