happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Saturday, July 01, 2006

2006년 어때요? (How’s 2006?)


It’s really hard to believe that half the year is gone. It seemed like only last month that I had posted my New Year’s Resolution my blog. Very soon, I’ll be a year older… and hopefully wiser.

Let me try to review my New Year’s resolution in my semi-drugged state (cocaine it isn’t but a flu tablet that’s putting half my brain cells to sleep!)

This was what I posted on 1 January 2006. Those in orange have been achieved whereas those in purple are only half achieved:

Goal #1: Get a place of my own

Goal #2: Get my Yoga Instructor Certificate (Well, almost. I just need another 12 hours of training before I submit my Teaching Guide and get my Certificate)
Goal #3: Spend more time with family, especially my parents
Goal #4: Learn two new skills – read and write in Korean and ice skating (Can’t find a half tick symbol. I’ve completed my Basic Korean Course but I haven’t found time for ice skating)
Goal #5: Stop binging on chocolate and lose the extra fats I’ve accumulated this year
Goal #6: Manage my finances better and save some money for rainy days
Goal #7: Do some voluntary work… maybe teach baking skills to delinquents who are running a café (I’m not teaching baking – I don’t have the skills anyway. But I’m teaching a group of underprivileged kids yoga.)
Goal #8: Be happy, always!

Hmmm, almost achieved all 8 goals. That’s not too bad... In fact, I think I’ve over achieved some of the things… like I’ve started my humble little Korean Blog – Seoul Far Seoul Good – so that I can improve my Korean. Another reason to be happy.

Moving forward, the following is what I hope to achieve by 31 December 2006:

Goal #1: Continue to spend more time with my parents.
Goal #2: Stop my incessant snacking in the office and at night
(This is a BIG challenge. The habit has grown from bad to worse. I need some tips, someone help, please?!).
Goal #3: Complete a biathlon.
Goal #4: Pick up golf again so I can get my handicap by next year.
Goal #5: Travel at least four times a year
(… shall I say, excluding Malaysia? But this would mean I have a lot of catching up to do because I can’t travel far until end October).
Goal #6: Be Happy, Always (물론 of course)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:51 pm, Blogger JosLovesFood said…

    congrats on your new blog! v stressful to type there cos everyone types in Korean! Phew!

     
  • At 10:44 pm, Blogger Sandy, 샌디 said…

    하하,관찮아요.
    Your Korean is much better than mine ; )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home