happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Sunday, July 02, 2006

내 제일 경쟁의 달리기




Kids performing at the MilkRun. MILK stands for Mainly I Love Kids -- it's an annual charity event organised by Beyond Social Services to raise funds for their programmes and facilities which they run for underprivileged kids and delinquents.

아침 6시에 일어났어요. 오늘은 일 안 졸아요. 머리하 아바요. 복이 아바요. 감기에 골려요. 하지만 오호에 난 달리 어야 하껬어요. 어껗게?

[Translation: Woke up at 6am this morning. Today is not a good day. I have a headache, sore throat and cold. But I have to go running this afternoon. How?]


Yes, my first competitive run and I have to be sick. This darn little cold that dragged on for 5 days. Even though I know it’s dangerous to run when you have the flu, I just couldn’t give up especially when I had been looking forward to it. This was a charity run – Milk Run –8.4 km starting from Zouk, going round Clark Quay and back to starting point. I went for it anyway. But I almost gave up half way through it… imagine running under the scorching sun – it must have been at least 33 degrees C! I kept telling myself “화이팅”, “멈추지 마”, “천천히 완성해요” (‘common’, ‘don’t stop’ and ‘finish it slowly’). I completed it at 45minutes. Not the best timing considering last year, the winner for Women’s 10km Open completed the race at 43min. Nonetheless, I’m really happy that I did it! And what better way to end the day with a thirst-quenching ice kacang - 진짜 맜있어요! (Really delicious!)

P/S: Next will be the 10km Great Eastern All Women’s Run in October. Or should I take part in the New Balance Real Run in August? Hmmm, this is a tough one because part of it involves running on sand which is not easy. Well, we’ll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home