happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Saturday, June 10, 2006

청춘만화 – Almost Love – 영화가 진짜 좋아요


오늘 한국영화 –청춘만화-- 봤어요. 제 친구 영화 좋았어요. 나 도. 권상우아주 잘 했어요.

[Translation: Today, I went to watch a Korean movie – Almost Love. My friend liked it. So did I. Kwon Sang Woo (the lead actor) did very well. (Much as I would love to spend time figuring out how to write a longer Korean blog, time is really short what with World Cup and lots of work to do… so…)]

Yep, this is a really good movie, the best Korean movie I’ve watched this year. Nope, it’s not because of Kwon Sang Woo, the lead actor, for I’m not a fan of his. And he doesn’t look as good as he did in Stairway to Heaven. But the story was really touching.

It talks about two childhood friends who grew up to be really good friends. Or so they thought. Kwon Sang Woo plays the chicky and happy stuntman, Ji Hwan, who wants to make movies like Jacky Chan. Kim Ha Neul plays Dal Rae, an actress wannabe who’s studying drama but freezes each time she goes for audition. Both students share many great moments together including a secret garden where Dal Rae buried her dead squirrel many years ago. Subsequently, both found their own ‘partner’. When Ji Hwan lost his leg because of an accident, he became depressed and left home. Dal Rae regretted not treating him better in the past. While Ji Hwan was always there for her, she did not know and could not do much for him then. As all romances go, both ended together eventually. Dal Rae finally became an accomplished actress and Ji Hwan overcame his disability and worked as a coordinator on the set.

What moved me? The part where Dal Rae went to the secret garden and confessed to ‘god’ that she should have treated her friend better and prayed for his recovery. I'm reminded of a good friend, someone who treats me really well but not vice versa... Hmmm, I'm usually not like this but this is a long story... anyhow, I've decided I must live according to my principle -- one where there's no regrets. So...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home