happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Thursday, June 08, 2006

World Cup Widows? 아니요!


One more day to the long awaited 2006 World Cup and I can just hear the women lamenting that they are going to lose their boyfriends, lovers or husbands to a ball! Well, this ain't any ordinary ball. It happens to have black and white hexagons on it. Yep, it's a soccer ball!

Surprisingly, I'm quite excited even though I have not watched a single match in the last 4 years, including the last World Cup. And I spent the last 2 weeks searching for a team to support. I finally made my decision a few days ago. In my humble opinion, the team with the most number of cute guys is SPAIN… yeah! But since I’m quite crazy over anything Korean, I thought I must support the Korean team too. They may meet each other after the first round. Then I won’t know who to support.
Back to soccer widows, I used to feel this way some years ago… and could not understand why men can get so crazy over a ball. So in the end, if you can’t beat the ball, join those who love it. So, I started watching premier cup. But stopped for four years when something happened.

But now, I’m all geared up for it. Planning to watch it with some girlfriends over drinks during weekends… Will have to see how I survive the weekday matches though as it’ll be tough taking leave this month. Just hope I don’t put on weight with all the titbits I’ve bought as midnight snacks!

Last but not least, hope one of my teams will make it into last 4 – I’m not too greedy, am I?

1 Comments:

  • At 8:51 pm, Blogger 스카이호크(Skyhawk) said…

    If you mean ROK team, you are greedy.:) I think.
    In my opinion, most of Koreans will congratulate Korea Team's advance to 2nd round. The only unpredictable factor is newsmedia.

    Damned media. They make trouble. Always.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home