happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Sunday, June 04, 2006

한국 점심 어때요? (How was my Korean Lunch?)


오늘 제 칭구 집에 왔어요. 점심이 요리했어요. 칭구도 한국음식 좋아해요. 그래서 6요리 했어요 -- 멸치볶음, 김치찌개, 떡볶이, 순두부 (cold with spicy sesame sauce), 해물파전 과 생선불고기. 나 주방장 잘 못해요. 어제밤 야채를 베야 핬어요.

칭구는 멸치볶음, 김치찌개, 떡볶이 과 순두부 좋아해요. 맛있어요! 하지만 해물파전 맛없어요.


[Translation: My friend came to my house today. I cooked lunch. She also likes Korean food. So, I made 6 dishes -- fried anchovies, kimchi soup, spicy rice cake, cold beancurd with spicy sesame sauce, seafood pancake and grilled fish. I’m not a very good cook. So, I had to cut the vegetables last night.

My friend liked the fried anchovies, kimchi soup, spicy rice cake and cold beancurd. They’re tasty. But the seafood pancake wasn’t nice
.]


Guess it's not too bad scoring four out of six. Being a lousy cook and one who does not step into the kitchen much, I'm quite proud of myself. Not only did I complete cooking four dishes in one and a half hours (two were prepared in the morning before I went for tennis), I also kept my mom and friend entertained seeing how clumsy I was.

Regardless, it was a great way to end the week. After so much feasting this week, I'll have to go on diet again next week.

P/S: When can I blogged in Korean just like the way I blog in English? 15minutes to write a posting without any errors nor reference to the dictionary?

6 Comments:

  • At 9:54 pm, Blogger Helen said…

    Hi there happy gal :)

    Your Korean lunch sounds fantastic. Don't give up on your dream to become a baker. You might be able to get started sooner than you think if you get a part-time internship in a bakery. That's what I did one year with a restaurant while keeping my full-time office job. You'll learn more than you ever will in culinary school and you'll get to see first hand if this job is for you.

    Cheers,
    -Helen

     
  • At 8:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
    »

     
  • At 1:01 am, Blogger Spicebears 스파이스베어 said…

    한국 점심(+이) 어때요?

    오늘(+은) 제 (칭x)(친)구 집에 (왔x)(갔)어요. 점심(이x)(을) 요리했어요. (칭x)(친)구(도x)(가) 한국(spacing)음식(+을) 좋아해요. 그래서 (6요리x)(음식을 6개 요리)했어요 -- 멸치볶음, 김치찌개, 떡볶이, 순두부 (cold with spicy sesame sauce), 해물파전 과 생선불고기(를 요리했어요). 나(+는) 주방장(+을) 잘 못해요. 어제(spacing)밤 야채를 베야 (핬x)(했)어요.

    (칭x)(친)구는 멸치볶음, 김치찌개, 떡볶이(과x)(와) 순두부(+를) 좋아(해x)(했어)요. 맛있(+었)어요! 하지만 해물파전(+이) 맛없(어x)(었)요.

    Hi,

    2 cents worth :) Hope it helps :)

    Regards,
    Spicebears

     
  • At 4:59 am, Blogger Sandy, 샌디 said…

    감사합니다 ; )

    I need to do a spell check - 친구 - how could I have gotten this wrong... I haven't quite figured out how to differentiate between the use of 을,이 though. So your correction helped.

    Hope you visit often to correct my broken Korean so I can learn faster ㅎㅎ

     
  • At 1:42 pm, Blogger Spicebears 스파이스베어 said…

    샌디씨에게

    안년하세요! "만나서" 반가워요 :)

    제도 한국어를 잘 못해요. 우리 열심히 공부합시다!

    시간이 있으면 제 볼으로그를 보세요. 제는 문법이 "이/가"하고 "을/를"을 설명할 거예요.

    스파이베에게서

    To Sandy,

    How are you? Nice to "meet" you :)

    My korean is also not good. Let's study hard.

    If you have time, pls visit my blog. I will explain the grammer "이/가" and "을/를".

    From Spicebears

     
  • At 10:41 pm, Blogger Sandy, 샌디 said…

    스파이베씨에게

    안녕하세요!
    만나서 반가워요.
    잘 부탁합니다.

    산디씨

     

Post a Comment

<< Home