happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

천국의계단… 유구한사랑 있어요?





Very often, footprints on the beach get washed away and we end up walking life's journey alone... many of us have experienced waves of tribulation that wreaked havoc on our love life... or a 3rd set of footprint that's destroyed our families? Is there no way out? The answer is yes. But it takes courage to walk away from the 3rd set of footprint and determination to find dry land where the footprints won't be washed away.

Stairway to Heaven... is there eternal love?
This is the third tragic Korean TV drama I’ve seen. Actually, I felt conned into watching this tearjerker. I had told myself I will not watch any more sad love story. But my friend actually told me the ending was not sad… either she’s a sadist or she wasn’t paying much attention when I was asking her about the ending.

In this sad love story, Cha Song-ju (played by Kwon Sang Woo) was the son of a rich family who loved his childhood friend, Han Jung-suh (played by Choi Ji Woo) very much. As with many of the Korean TV dramas, there wasn’t one but two love triangles that ensued. Jung-suh was the victim of many events that made my mom cried buckets. There was a step brother who loved her deeply and was willing to die so that Jung-suh could see again. And there was the evil step sister who would do anything to snatch Song-ju away from Jung-suh.

My mom cried buckets… I’ve watched more than 15 TV dramas and this was the only one that got my mom hooked and she watched it even faster than me! I think I didn’t cry that much because a number of people told me it was a really sad story (unfortunately, after I got conned and had already started watching it).

Anyway, the story set me thinking about the existence of eternal love… and the sacrifices that one makes for their loved ones. Can I love someone forever even if the person changes? Am I willing to die for my loved one?

몰라요. I really don’t know. While I am fortunate to have experienced love where someone was willing to die with me, it didn’t last forever… actually, it didn’t even last a decade. Well, almost.

So where does that leave me? My conclusion is this – love thyself forever (I don’t mean self love. But love your life so that you can love others around you) so that the love within will radiate forth and bring happiness to those around you.

And yes, I believe there is eternal love but not many will find it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home