happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Facing Death

The sun sets everyday... so too will our life end one fine day... (Sunset on Paya Beach, Tioman 2006)


It’s a sunny Sunday morning. As I flipped the papers, a long article “My death sentence turned out to be a gift” struck me… I read on. It’s an excerpt from a book “Chasing Daylight: How My Forthcoming Death Transformed My Life”, written by Eugene O’Kelly. He was the CEO of KPMG before being diagnosed with brain cancer and died in September last year.

It’s a sad story but it reminded me again about what I would do if I’m given only a few months to live. The same question popped up when someone in my team was diagnosed with cancer. But I didn’t get down to planning what to do… I’m a happy gal and I didn’t want to feel sad and morbid. But I do know people who plan their own obituary. One was an ex-colleague who succumbed to cancer a few years ago at the age of 28. Another is healthy and happy friend.

What does this mean for me? Well, I am going to do a will so that my parents are well taken care of. And I will continue to live life to the fullest, spending time with my family and friends I treasure, pursuing my interests and dreams, seeing the world and of course, doing some good deeds to earn karma points for my next life. All because I want a life with no regrets…

What about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home