happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Monday, September 25, 2006

A Sad Start to the Week

I haven’t had much time to blog. Whatever time I have, I’d rather update my Korean blog because I need to practise my Korean.

But something happened today… a colleague, let’s call her Rose, lost her sister last week. In less than a week, she lost her father. I felt really sad when I heard the news… Imagine having to grief for one but two family members who are close to you. I really cannot imagine how it painful it must have been.

Hours later, I heard from another friend that he may have gotten a terminal illness. So, it was a really a sad start to the week. Life is so fragile, isn’t it? Once again, I’m reminded that life is really short. And this came at a time when I was telling myself I have to slow down and cut down on the many activities that I’m immersed in. But when I hear news like this, how can I give up on the things that I want to do? What if there comes a time when I want to do but no longer have the ability to do? Would I be depressed then?

Guess I must simply find the right balance…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home