happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My Fair Lady Rises to the Challenge



It’s the time of the year again to raise funds for the President’s Challenge. Last year, I baked cookies and they sold out in two hours, bringing in $280. I think it’s partly thanks to the sexy names I gave my cookies – My Fair Lady (simple sugee cookies), Sugar Babe (butter cookies with white and dark chocolate as well as butter scotch chips), KNockOUT Hunk (mocha cookies) and Muscle Man (oats, raisins and white chocolate cookies). Much as I hate to admit, sex sells. Anytime. I think it’s sad but it’s gotta one of the biggest and everlasting industry in the world.

Anyhow, over the past two weeks, I’ve made new cookies and again, I’ve given them rather sexy names – Nutz about YOU (peanut butter cookies with a healthy dose of chopped peanuts and walnuts), Hard Rock Squeakie (chocolate cookies with hidden marshmallow), Toy Boy and Heartbreaker (both are gingerbread cookies).

So far so good. I sent out my marketing email this morning and I’ve received $160 worth of orders so far. Will likely have to stop taking orders else I’ll have to work 48 hours this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home