happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Nike Vs Addidas

I’ve always been a loyal Nike fan (actually… since I was in school, gosh, such a long time ago). But of late, I’ve been thinking of switching over to Addidas because the recent Nike models weren’t that happening. As Addidas is the sponsor for the Singapore Marathon and I get 20% off as a participant, I finally bought my first pair of Addidas running shoes. My friend says it looks fierce… hope it lives up to its look and gives me excellent timing. Unfortunately, their running apparel aren’t that great, so I’m in quite a fix ‘cos I can’t be wearing Addidas shoes and Nike running gear – my body parts probably won’t be able to coordinate properly cos of the ‘conflict’. Yeah, call it pure vanity but that’s me. No conflicting sports wear brand on me. This is why I did not switch my tennis shoes to Addidas cos I’ll have to invest in socks, tennis skirt… all the way up to caps. Was at Queensway to buy a pair of tennis shoes (stuck to Nike cos the Addidas models weren’t nice) and saw another pair of Addidas running shoes that’s quite nice… hmmm, may just buy another pair if this pair performs well. Oh no! Gonna be broke.

Vanity aside, since I signed up for the Singapore Half Marathon, I’ve been reading up materials on preparing for the big race… well, I guess to some, it’s not that big, since it’s only a half marathon. But it’s big to me. And I’ve got exactly three months to prepare for it. A few websites have advised rest days in between training. This week, I’ve increased my distance to at least 7.5km finishing the week with 13.5km today. On average, I clock about 35-40km per week. But I don’t believe in rest days cos my body just doesn’t feel right if I don’t run or do any form of cardio exercises. I know my current schedule’s kindof crazy right now:


Monday – 1-1.5km swim – this is part of the training to prepare me for my biathlon
Tuesday – 7.5km run
Wednesday – 8.4km run in the morning and lunch time yoga
Thursday – 8.4km run in the morning and 1 hr power yoga at night
Friday – 8.4km run in the morning, lunch time yoga
Saturday – 1.5hr of tennis, followed by ½ hr gym and 20 -30 min swim
Sunday – 10-15km run

But I’ve decided to listen to the experts and set aside two days in a week for low impact exercise like swimming and yoga... so that I can last longer and take part in more marathons ; )

P/S: Can't upload photos of my pretty shoes... again... hope blogger.com corrects the problem soon : (

1 Comments:

  • At 7:06 am, Blogger Sandy, 샌디 said…

    testing... can't seem to post comment on some other blogger's website ; (

     

Post a Comment

<< Home