happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Winter in Korea

안녕 합세요 (Hello/ Good morning)
감사 합니다 (Thank You)
알만네요? (How much?)

These were the top three Korean phrases that I used when I was in Korea for a week. How time flies! It’s only been two days since I touched down in Singapore and I’m beginning to miss the Land of the Morning Calm.

In the past week, I covered Jeju, Mount Sorak, Yong Pyong, Everland, Lotte World, Nami Island, Chuncheong, a little part of Seoul… but the tour itinerary was really too packed. Looking at the Seoul map I collected from Incheon Airport, I realised I hardly explored Seoul – Nadaeman, Dongdaeman, Myeongdong etc. Very little time was also given for us to explore Mount Sorak.

I guess this trip has given me a rough idea of what Korea is like – the people, culture and food. And the conclusion is – Korea is really beautiful. I hope to visit again soon. And this time round, I’ll ascend Hallasan in Jeju (maybe parts of it since I’m no mountain climber), explore Mount Sorak, improve my skiing, visit the Palace and temple in Seoul, and last but very important, spend at least three full days shopping in Seoul. But I’ll have to improve my Korean first. Before that, I’ll have to find another 사보 since the earlier one must have given up on me.

Anyway, look out for more interesting stories on my new travel blog which I hope will be ready by next week.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home