happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Monday, December 26, 2005

Happy Days


Happiness is contagious.
This was the conclusion I drew after I saw these two brothers rollerblading and having the fun of their lives. Watching them blade, hearing their laughter and seeing the joy on their faces! They were just so happy blading away and could still laugh heartily even if they fall. I was lucky to see them when I was out on a photo shoot yesterday.

Looking at them made me really happy. But I was also very envious of them. As adults, how many of us are able to let go completely and be carefree like children? I don’t think I’ve laughed so heartily and happily like them for as long as I can remember. I guess I have gone through, or for that matter, most of us, have gone through too much in life – failures, jealousy, pain, illnesses and the list goes on… Nonetheless, I will continue to be a happy gal. And I hope you would too.

Looking at them also reminded me of the importance of family ties. The two boys were obviously very close… I hope they grow up to be just as good buddies. I think it’s quite sad that many of us drift apart from our families and siblings as we grow older, have our own friends and families. Quite frankly, I can’t remember how many times my family gets together for a meal these days. Maybe once a year? I do hope this will change in the coming year.

Last but not least, I think this Christmas has been a good one. While there were no parties nor expensive presents, I had a good time.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi happy gal 88,

    May you be as happy as them in this coming new year ...

    Happy New Year :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home