happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Saturday, December 17, 2005

The Promise that Cannot be Kept


As an ardent fan of Jang Dong-Gun, I was sad for the great actor after watching the much talked about movie, “The Promise”. Jang Dong-Gun played a slave, called Kun Lun, who fell in love with Princess Qing Chen (played by Cecilia Cheung). Qing Chen plays a temptress whom four men love. Unfortunately, she will only bring them tragedy because of a promise she made to a goddess.

It is not JDG’s fault that the movie was given a bad rating. I think Chen Kai Ge had a fantasy gone wrong. JDG acting was great, but the plot was weak and there were just too many crappy things – the play on feathers, the slow motion, the bird cage where the princess was kept, a faggot king… sigh. Some scenes were so ridiculous that all I can do is laugh and feel sad for JDG. But credit must go to the 'foreign' actors – JDG and Hiroyuki -- for saying their lines in heavily accented Mandarin.

And the moral of The Promise?
Not all is lost after watching the movie which is about choosing one’s destiny and going against fate. I personally, strongly believe in fate -- What’s yours is yours. And what’s not meant to be yours will never be yours. -- This strong belief helped me get on with life during my darkest moments. This is also how I live a life with no regrets.

So, the movie wasn’t that bad afterall. And I’m not saying this because I’m crazy over Jang Dong-gun… well, perhaps a little : )

But JDG, please promise NOT to do such a movie again… how about a sequel to All About Eve?

Click here for more photos of Jang Dong-gun in action in Singapore: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sandyl808/album?.dir=4792&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

2 Comments:

  • At 9:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi. trying to hold on to that saying too. but sometimes i do believe that we got to fight for what we want ?? well... i dont know

    see ya soon hao peng you

     
  • At 8:12 am, Blogger Sandy, 샌디 said…

    Hope you get what you want ; )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home