happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Muffins… are still the Best!

What have I been up to lately? Well lots… busy helping a friend with a magazine, trying to spend more time to study Korean and learn about IR – no, no, it’s not integrated resorts but investor relations, plus my marathon training.

So, some things just have to go… like baking, Korean dramas and shopping. I really miss baking though… since it’s really therapeutic, I try to do it once a fortnight.

I must say I’m quite happy with my last two bakes – yogurt banana muffin and triple chocolate muffin. All thanks to a friend. In the past, half my muffins always turn out a bit hard, or not as soft as I had wished. What's worse, they sometimes feel like a stone the next day.


While I’ve had a few successes,I wished for more. As many bakers would know, many recipes use cup as a measuring unit for most ingredients like flour, sugar etc. I usually use 155gm per cup of flour. But a friend showed me a website that gave 140gm for each cup of flour. So, I cut down the flour used and so far, these two muffins were soft and nice. So much so that my mom ate two of the triple choclate muffin at a go. That’s the best compliment I get from my mom and it's really rare.




2 Comments:

  • At 1:19 pm, Blogger Bimmer said…

    Hi,
    your muffin looks very good! Do you mind sharing the recipe?

     
  • At 6:33 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Looks delicious!
    Normally I only make applepies
    in the Netherlands!!
    www.delekkersteappeltaart.nl
    But I would like to try the muffins 2!

    Ciao Wouter

     

Post a Comment

<< Home