happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Back to Reality

[Top: Peak of Soraksan; Above: Jeju island - street lined with cherry blossom trees]

16 wonderful days in the Land of the Morning Calm. Spring time in Korea is really beautiful but cold. After studying Korean for one year, I plugged up enough courage to go to Korea on a free and easy – semi-backpacking trip. When some friends heard about it, they wished my girlfriend and I good luck. Everyones know travelling in Korea on your own is tough ‘cos majority of the locals do not speak any English.

Yet we decided to be adventurous and took up the challenge. The trip took us to Seoul, Jeonju, Pusan, Jeju and Sokcho (Soraksan). Main modes of transport included intercity bus and plane, and subway within the city. We even drove in Jeju… but had to spend half the time trying to figure out how the traffic system works and it was difficult having to read the Korean road names quickly while on the road.

Nonetheless, it was a really great trip -- I’ve learnt and discovered many things about Koreans and their way of life during this trip. Besides savouring many great Korean dishes, we also experienced not one but two demonstrations (over the Korea-FTA), the dreaded sandstorm and climbed Hallasan and Soraksan. Mountains, rivers, waterfalls, cherry blossoms, canola flowers, lava tubes and snow… we saw them all! Great, isn’t it?!

More details on my travel blog… 지금 신간이 없어서 기다리세요. (I don’t have time now.. so please wait.)

4 Comments:

  • At 10:23 pm, Blogger Happy Homebaker said…

    can't wait to hear your stories about the traffic light!

     
  • At 10:36 pm, Blogger Spicebears 스파이스베어 said…

    와! 즐겁다! 기다릴게요 :)

     
  • At 2:43 am, Blogger JosLovesFood said…

    wow! 16-day trip! Cool! Actually it is fun to go F&E to Korea. It's not as bad as others had imagined it to be. All my 3 trips there were F & E. No problem for me :)

     
  • At 12:58 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Wow, I've never been to the peak of Sorak Mt. but sevral times, to just a foot of the Sorak. ^-^a looks really nice. I think I should have to go there. Is there any Mt. in Singapore?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home