happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Mad about Cookies


In the past one week, I baked 6 different types of cookies. And all for the excuse of Chinese New Year. Frankly, I didn’t have to do it. Simply ‘cos no one visits my house (we don’t really celebrate New Year) and I can buy them readily everywhere.

By right, people would have finished baking their New Year goodies at least 1 week before the big day. But because I started so late, I didn’t have a choice but to sacrifice my precious leave to do it. These were what I made:
1. Tee off (above and below left) – I first saw these golf-ball sized pineapple tarts at a Selegie Road bakery and they were really good. Unfortunately, I didn’t have time to make my own pineapple filling and bought them from Sun Lik instead. But they were a little sweet and too big.
2. Nutty Nuts – Chinese peanut cookies usually sold during this time. They’re really easy to make.
3. Snowy Melts – Almond sugee cookies that melt in your mouth
4. Green with Envy – Hazelnut sugee cookies flavoured with green tea
5. Hunky Chocky – my all-time favourite chocolate chip cookies
6. Rugged Hunk (below, right) – Really crunchy corn flake cookies

I’m planning to bake more during this long weekend break. Watch this space for fresh bakes from Yummy Chewie’s kitchen. [Yummy Chewies is the brand name of the cookies I sold a charity event ; ) ]


Here are more pixes...








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home