happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Best Lunch of the Week


Just one week back from Korea and I could not believe how much I miss Korean food. So much so that I had to specially make a trip to Hyang To Gol at Amara Hotel to buy kimchi (unfortunately, it was too sour and not as fresh and sweet as I would have liked it). And I missed 떡볶이 (Spicy Rice Cake) so much so that I took a cab down to TOGI Korean Restaurant at Mosque Street (Chinatown) to try their 라볶이 (Ramyeon with spicy rice cake) as recommended by a friend. While the rice cake was a bit too soft for my liking (I still prefer the street food in Korea which were much more chewy), it was still the best lunch I’ve had this week. But this is getting me a bit worried… I can’t be dining at a Korean restaurant every week. Looks like I have to learn how to cook more Korean dishes ; )

Lunch tomorrow will be home-cooked mandu kimchi soup, asparagus namul and bean sprout namul. Will have to wake up specially early to cook my kimchi soup tomorrow. That will be a great start to the work week ; )




1 Comments:

  • At 2:13 am, Blogger Nails...etcetera with Priscilla ! said…

    Hi ! Stumbled on to yr blog....
    I love Korean food too...& TOGI is my fav. rest. Used to eat there at least once a week.
    Good job on the Korean Rest. ratings.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home