happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Sunday, January 21, 2007

정말 좋은 주에 이에요 (A Really Great Week)


No, no, it’s not because I met my Prince Charming (or Korean Dream Guy?) or because I’ve struck toto. I just felt that it’s been a great week and wanted to count my blessings.

Great #1: The weather was much better… well, at least it behaved itself when I went for my runs. I clocked 59.5km this week (partly ‘cos I’m desperately trying to lose weight but it’s tough when you try out new bakes or dishes every week), played tennis for 2.5hours and had 3 yoga sessions. That should have burned at least 6,000 calories this week ; )

Great #2: My two-week leave for my Korea trip has been approved - yes! Even though the trip is in March/April, it’s great news ‘cos I can finally book my tickets and firm up my plans. My friend and I can’t wait for the trip… wish I’m going next week. But I'll have to study very hard or I'll end up drawing so that I can communicate with the Koreans (especially in the more remote villages and not so touristy places).

Great #3: I cooked kimchi ramyeon finally. I’ve had this craving for a few months but never got down to it. Partly ‘cos instant noodles are really fattening and high in trans fat. Even though I’m trying to lose weight, I decided I needed the extra calories after my long run. Furthermore, I didn’t bake the new oat bran muffin and chocolate cake as planned or as I rationalised ; )

Great #4: I got very good results for a project that I was working on and it received front page news – felt like jackpot.

Great #5: I won some money – it’s not enough to buy a suit from G2000 but nonetheless I’m still happy since it’s something that need not happen.

Let me end off with pixes of my homecooked kimchi dishes… enjoy ; )


6 Comments:

  • At 4:59 pm, Blogger Spicebears 스파이스베어 said…

    와 ... 정말 좋은 주일이었어요!

    Wow ... it was a great week for you! And your ramyeon looks really yummy :) I love raymeon so much as sometimes i eat it everyday ... oops ^^

     
  • At 7:20 pm, Blogger Sandy, 샌디 said…

    고마워 ; )
    스파이스베씨
    지금 한국어를 아직 공부하 고 있어요?

    안녕...

     
  • At 9:35 pm, Blogger Spicebears 스파이스베어 said…

    안녕^^

    예, 계속 공부하고 있어요. NEX에서 수업이 없는데 SKS에 그냥 돌아갔어요. 계속 공부할 수 있어서 기쁘지만 한국어를 어려워지고 있어요.

    Sandy 씨는요?

     
  • At 9:57 pm, Blogger Sandy, 샌디 said…

    네, 지난주 금요일에 Cambridge에서 한국어 수업이 또 시작했어요. 기분이 좋지만 이주에 시험이 있어서 조금 걱정해요.

    그래서 이번 한국여행을 tour guide 없어서 한국어를 진부하 야 해요.

    스바이스베씨, sks 학교에서 선생님 어때요? 좋아요?

    그럼... 안녕 ; )
    ㅎㅎ

     
  • At 9:57 pm, Blogger Sandy, 샌디 said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 6:53 pm, Blogger Spicebears 스파이스베어 said…

    Sandy 씨, 선생님들이 친절해요.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home