happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Back from the BIG Apple



Yes! I’m finally back to sunny Singapore. Been back since 14 November but didn’t have time to blog till now… Wish I’m still on holiday but guess I have to be realistic especially when I’ve already burnt a big hole in my pocket.

This is my fourth trip to the States – it’s been an annual pilgrimage since I stepped foot on Hawaii four years ago. We set a number of records during this trip – it’s my longest trip there even though we covered more than the US. We also drove the most number of hours – 28 hours in total and enough miles to take us from Singapore to Hong Kong. Amazing, isn’t it! All thanks to a very good driver – not me of course ; ) The 1,600 miles took us all the way from New York to Atlantic City, Niagara Falls, Toronto, Montreal and back to New York.

Other records -- think I bought the most things of all my trips and worst of all, I came back with the heaviest luggage – went with a 27 kg load and returned with 36 kg. One of the drivers who carried it called it a ‘rock’. And it was really embarrassing to have to transfer some things to a friend’s luggage at the check-in counter as it had exceeded the limit per luggage. It’s also the first time I had a ‘heavy’ tag put on the luggage to warn baggage handlers. Plus, it went through security check – officers probably thought I had some gold bar hidden.

That’s all for now… Will have to find time to write the full story for my travel blog and put up my photos ; )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home