happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Saturday, April 01, 2006

May Every Saturday be Just As Great!

Life can be great without Prince Charming too! (Photo taken at Botanical Gardens, 2003)


As the day came to an end, I went home with a light bounce in my step. Nope, I didn’t strike lottery. Neither did I meet my Prince Charming but it’s been a wonderful day… I started the day baking a new muffin – I call Apple Darling – a healthy oat muffin filled with chopped apple, raisin and walnut! There were many happy things but I’ll just highlight three:

1. Yoga for Kids -- I taught my first kids’ yoga class. It was not easy getting 11 rowdy kids to pay attention to what I was trying to teach. For one, it was definitely very different from teaching adults. Even tough there was lots of shouting, I felt a sense of achievement at the end of the lesson. I think the best part was seeing them resting in silence in child’s pose and corpse pose… something that really surprised me. That’s not all, the kids said they enjoyed it – it really felt good. My only wish now is yoga will make them happier and healthier kids.
2. Typhoon (태풍) – I finally watched my favourite guy’s –장동군-- latest movie… it was a sad yet powerful movie, full of political agenda too. Jang Dong Gun’s acting is really superb and it’s amazing that he learnt Thai, Russian and Northern Korean dialect, all for this movie.
3. And what a better way to end the day than having a cheap but great dinner at my favourite hawker centre indulging on some of my favourite food, albeit a bit unhealthy.

I wish every Saturday will be as great!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home