happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Yoga Bliss



Tomorrow will be the last lesson of my Yoga Instructor Certificate Course. I must say this is the toughest month of the year. Because of the yoga classes, I have not had time to do anything else – no blogging, shopping, and social life.

But I have no regrets. Because I know what I have learnt will help me through life’s journey and maybe one day, achieve bliss. What have I achieved in this 80-hour crash course? Lots! I’ve learnt about the different components of yoga and now try to start my day with a half hour practice. Now I know what postures can help me to lose weight and will be doing this everyday. Best of all, I can finally do headstand (even though I need the help of the wall… I hope to be able to do a a free headstand in three months' time). And of course, I’m going to miss my course mates and new found friends. We hope to keep in touch and encourage one another as we complete 60 hours of teaching before we really graduate. I’ve also found another Korean drama fan and we’ve signed up for a Korean language course together.

Isn’t life interesting?

During one of the classes, my yoga guru shared he was happy and thankful that he has asthma - ordinary people may think he's crazy. But he added - if he didn't have asthma, he wouldn't have discovered yoga. If he didn't learn yoga (to cure his asthma), he would not be teaching in Singapore. And he wouldn’t have met us.

I totally agree with his analysis. Because I too realise that my life is so rich and fulfilling now, all thanks to my failed marriage. If that had not happened, I would not have built a life for myself. If I didn’t build a life for myself, I would not have experienced so many new sports, developed good relationships with friends, nor had the guts to find new friends on the Net. And of course, I would not have started my Happygal blog and the list goes on.


I’ve reached a stage where I’ve stopped questioning 'Why me?'. Instead, I tell myself that there’s a reason for everything that happens and I know that when I look back, it’ll all turn out for the better and I'll understand why it happened.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home