happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Daily Bread


Finally, I baked my first yeast bread five days ago. While there is much room for improvement, it was quite an achievement for me. This is because I like to do things quickly and hated the long time taken to make yeast breads. That's why I've never attempted yeast bread in the past 3 years that I've been baking.

I had time to bake this on Monday because my plans to spend the day at the gym had to be changed because of an injured knee. It was not easy being happy limping to work the next day but set me thinking about how to remain happy when I am down. I realised that setbacks happen to us so that we are reminded how fortunate we had been for the period when things were smooth sailing. It teaches me not to take things for granted and be thankful for being more fortunate than many others.

And I remembered what my yoga guru said, “Happiness is within us. Yet we usually try to find happiness from external things.” How true. This shall be my daily bread – to wake up each day and find happiness from within. That's being a true Happy Gal.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home