happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

한곡말 재미 있어요! (Learning Korean is Fun!)

Took this thrilling ride at Lotte World with my eyes closed and screaming my lungs out!


After three Korean lessons, I've learnt how to read Korean words, basic greetings (which I had already picked up from TV dramas) and... sing Korean songs!

I can now sing birthday song in Korean and I'm learning a lovely ballad -- 아직 난 sung by 성시경. It's certainly not easy having to read the lyrics in Korean, let alone sing it! But after more than 3 hours of practice, I managed to sing along with about 80% of the lyrics sung correctly! Ha! It's funny when I don't enjoy singing (probably 'cos I think I have a lousy voice) and I'm one who never goes to Kbox.

I must say I'm really enjoying my lessons even though it's hard work. I feel like a kindergarten kid writing rows and rows of korean characters almost every night... so that I can remember them. Next will be increasing my pathetic vocabulary and improving the speed of typing korean characters.

I'm thankful to my 사부 for inspiring me and helping me improve my korean. Sigh... but I still have a long way to go before I can hold a decent conversation in korean. Well, my target is to start a simple blog in Korean by end of the year... wish me luck!


5 Comments:

  • At 11:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good luck!

     
  • At 6:26 pm, Blogger Sandy, 샌디 said…

    거마워 ; )

     
  • At 12:13 am, Blogger JosLovesFood said…

    wow...it is quite an achievement to be able to sing only having attended 3 lessons! You sure are a fast learner. It took me sometime before I started learning to sing.

    화이팅!

     
  • At 2:18 pm, Blogger Sandy, 샌디 said…

    My classmate has the song on her blog, so it helped.

    I'm looking forward to the day when I can write a posting in Korean, like yours.

     
  • At 11:38 am, Blogger OfficialTVXQStalker said…

    oooh... can u add the lyrics to it in romanized form of Happy birthday in korean?

    plz?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home