happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Saturday, April 08, 2006

요가 틀래스어려워요

나 요가 정말 좋아해요. 하지만…

I really love yoga. But… today, I had two very difficult classes. In a bid to be a good yoga teacher, I’ve started attending other yoga classes at other gyms. Today, I attended an Ashtanga Yoga class at California Fitness. And I realised I’m not as strong as I thought. We had to do 50 sun salutations and lots of variation in between. And there were difficult poses like crow and side crow which I could hardly handle. Moving forward, I’ll have to improve my stamina, especially my arms. Nonetheless, I was glad I had a good workout.

What made me sad today was my second yoga class for kids. Today’s class was a huge disappointment so much so that I think I was quite a failure. My fellow trainer and I had to spend at least a quarter of our time getting the rowdy kids to keep quiet and listen to us. Of the two groups of kids, one was very well behaved but the other was really noisy and misbehaved throughout the class. And I think I made it worse by being honest and singing the other group's praises continuously.


We plan to introduce some changes:
1. Cut down time on revision of previous class’ poses
2. Give rewards like sweets or chocolate during revision when any of the kids can correctly demonstrate the postures
3. Before starting the class, tell and show them the new postures that will be taught that day so as to get them excited.
4. Have a little gift for the group who ‘loses’ during the quiz at the end of the lesson

I sure hope it works. Frankly, I should not be surprised at today’s letdown knowing these kids. I’m thankful at least one of the two lessons went well… that’s a 50% success rate. Therefore, I must persevere.
加油!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home