happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Saturday, April 22, 2006

한국말 이 정말 어려워요

Hallasan... my source of inspiration. I must persevere so I can go Korea and climb Hallasan one of these days.

한국말 이 재미있어요…그리고 나 좋아해요. 하지만 한국말 이 정말 어려워요. (Korean is an interesting language. And I like it. But it is a very difficult language to learn.)

After five lessons, I feel that I’m not making much progress. A couple of students in my class have already given up. Now I believe what a friend said – Korean is a VERY difficult language. When my teacher told us today there are 102 verb endings/tenses in the Korean language, I almost fainted. So far, I’ve only learnt informal present tense, past tense, “Let’s” ending and it’s already overwhelming.

It’s frustrating having to pause awhile and figure out what the teacher is asking before forming an answer in the correct sentence structure. And the vocabulary is also not growing… even though I practise writing the words, it’s tough having to memorise the words and verbs, with the verb endings. Maybe I’m too old… sigh

아니 (No), I’m forever 18, so I’ll press on! 화이팅!

Maybe I should learn to be a little kid and not stress myself too much.. here's a cute Korean kindergarten song made popular by Rain in Full House ; )

곰 세마리 가 한집에있어 (Three bears staying in a house)
아빠곰 엄마곰 애기곰 (Father bear, mother bear, baby bear)
아빠곰 은 뚱뚜해 엄마굼 은 날씬해 (Father bear is fat, mother bear is slim)
애기곰 은 너무 귀여워 으씨으씨 자란다 (Baby bear is very cute and growing)

Yah, gonna be tested on this next Friday. Will have to spend my Sunday mugging.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:52 am, Blogger JosLovesFood said…

    아자! 아자! 화이팅! Hey, can I know who is your teacher?

     
  • At 8:36 pm, Blogger Sandy, 샌디 said…

    샌성님 이름은 Stella 이예요.

     
  • At 11:01 pm, Blogger JosLovesFood said…

    아! 정말요?! 나의선생님 Stella 씨 도 예요!

     
  • At 10:23 am, Blogger Sandy, 샌디 said…

    What a coincidence! She's really good. 한국말 이 얼마년 공부해요? (is this correct.. how many years have you been studying Korean?)

     
  • At 11:28 pm, Blogger JosLovesFood said…

    한국말 이 얼마년 공부해요? > 한국말 이 얼마나 공부해요... I think so. Have been learning for abt 2 yrs with Stella. I took up the basic course in 2000 and stopped for 4 yrs and restarted in 2004.

     
  • At 7:46 am, Blogger Sandy, 샌디 said…

    그래. I started six weeks ago ; )

     
  • At 10:27 pm, Blogger Song said…

    Thanks for dropping by my blog^^ Yep, Korean is difficult but also fun, hehe~
    아자아자 화이팅~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home