happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sushi or Cheong Fun?


Our local hawkers are getting more innovative each day. Call it competition or creativity – it doesn’t quite matter ‘cos it makes me happy as I get to try new types of food.

I happened to chance upon this stall at the People’s Park Food Centre (opposite China town). I call this Japanese fusion… it looks like a sushi roll but it’s actually cheong fun (made of paper thin layers made of rice flour, steamed and rolled up), Japanese style.

There are three outer layers – rice flour roll, seaweed and crepe. You can choose either Ja Jiang or Pork Floss versions. – followed with healthy filling of either zha jiang meat, or pork floss. Both versions have lots of carrots, cucumber and shredded vegetables and meat (depending on whether it’s the Ja Jiang or Pork Floss version), followed by a generous topping of delicious black ja jiang garlic sauce.

While some people may complain it’s expensive at $3 per roll (especially since it’s only at a hawker centre), I think it’s reasonable given it’s innovative, extremely healthy and delicious too!


PS: The stall serves a healthier version of Western food with brown rice ; )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home