happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Sunday, July 08, 2007

A Dog’s Life

Having seen quite a number of postings on French Macarons and doggie cookies, I have been inspired to try out these new bakes myself. Yesterday, I attempted Macarons for a third time and the Horlicks doggie cookies (my second try).

The Macarons were not that good – there are just too many things that I have to improve on. First, the piping technique – there was just something very wrong ‘cos I dunno what is the correct of way of doing this. (Since I’ve never even attended Home Economics when I was in school, everything I’ve made have been DIY and what I read in books and the Net.) Needless to say, my Macarons came out in all shapes and sizes. Second – I think I baked it for too long, resulting in a rather hard cookie and a bit too brown on the underside. Third – this green tea option is not that sweet – so, I won’t down the sugar the next time I try it. Fourth – the white chocolate filling was too watery resulting in the filling dripping out. Quite a failure, isn’t it?

I was definitely happier with my doggie cookies. I made two types of batter – using horlicks and the other, milo. Since Happy Home Baker’s website stated that milo was sweeter, I added some cocoa powder to this option to cut down on the sweetness and make it darker. Since no two dogs are similar, I decided to mix some of the batters – and I was really happy with the little doggie faces staring at me when I took out the bakes from the oven. They all look so cute! Even my brother complimented me ; ) I think a couple of them looked like the Starhub doggie… Even though it took me about three hours to make just 51 cookies, the effort was worth it. But I’ll only do this once in a while ‘cos they’re just too tedious. Will give some of these to the kids at my next yoga lesson and hope they like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home