happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Making New Year Resolutions is Easy, Keeping them is NOT so Easy... 아니?

Today is the last day of 2006 and it’s that time of the year again…. yep, time to reflect on what I’ve done. Have I kept all the 2006 New Year Resolutions I made?

Well, I did a half-year review in June and when I just checked, I realised I only did 1 out of the 6 that I had listed in June. That’s not very good, is it? Sigh… Guess the consolation is I achieved 7 out of 8 resolutions I listed in January (although one is only half completed).

This makes me wonder if I should set next year’s resolution. Would I be able to fulfil and keep them? Nonetheless, I think I should still do it so that at least I’ll have some targets for 2007.


So here goes:

1. Be Happy, really – even though I’m generally happy, there have been a few times this year when I kept thinking about the past. Sadly, some things are back to haunt me.
2. Be my parents’ good girl – they’re growing older each year and I really should spend more quality time with them and do more housework so they won’t nag at me too often.
3. Do a marathon – after completing my half marathon this year, my initial aim was to do a biathlon and marathon. But I’ve had to give up my biathlon dream ‘cos I can’t meet the swimming trial of completing 50m x 30 laps in 40min. My current timing using my breaststroke just will not do. I’m over 8min above the approved limit. The plan is now to learn free style so I can go for it in 2008. 4. Be more patient with traffic, people and things that don’t go according to plans. I must learn to like a bit of untidiness and not be so organised ; ) And learn to take things slowly.
5. Take better care of my health and lose at least 3kg. I have not been that healthy this year... some illness just will not go away.
6. Learn two new skill (?) This will contradict with item 4, wouldn’t it? I think I’ll cut down to one – either Japanese or html.
7. Bake or cook something new every month. This will be really fun but I’ll have to find friends, colleagues and neighbours to give them away ‘cos my parents refuse to be my guinea pigs.
8. Read more management books. I think 80-90% of my collection of books are on hobbies -- cooking, baking, photography, yoga, aromatherapy, massage and yes even keeping fishes (he he, yes, this is an ex-hobby).


Here’s wishing everyone I know and their family a Fabulous and Fantastic 2007. May it be filled with happiness, joy, peace, excitement, great health and fortune.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:42 pm, Blogger bossacafez said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:44 pm, Blogger bossacafez said…

    안녕하세요 샌디! thx for leaving a comment in my blog. i didnt know you're so fluent in your korean! how long hv u taken up this language? im very crazy abt korean stuffs - k-dramas, k-pop, culture, food etc. its great to know likeminded ppl tho' im just a beginner and hv only taken up lessons for 2 mths. can read/write but cant understand. i wish to learn more from you =) and i envy u can form sentences. i bet you're really fluent too.

     
  • At 9:58 pm, Blogger Sandy, 샌디 said…

    Evan 씨

    안녕하세요.
    처음 뵙겠습니다

    This is really a surprise ; )
    I can't speak for nuts... anyway, there's no one to practise with 'cos I don't know any koreans here.

    But I like to write 'cos I have more time to think and form the sentences. I've been learning Korean for 10 months. Which school are you attending?

    Now we can exchange notes on anything korean ㅎㅎ

    안녕

    다음에 봐요 ; )

    샌디

     
  • At 3:36 am, Blogger bossacafez said…

    hi again sandy 씨, i was looking thru yr archives and was extremely suprised (also shocked) that u could form sentences even after few lessons as a beginner. how did u do it? i cant form even basic sentences coz i hv problem with the word order & particles, worse with the double-consonants thingy. so don't "bombard" me with longer words coz i feel very pressurized haha.

    actually i took up lessons with a native korean a year ago, but her fees were too expensive ($240/mth for a 1.5hr per week session) so i dropped. which sch did u attend then? i thought of taking up korean again after CNY when im not so busy with the orders, probably in community centre or something. or do u hv any gd school to recommend, one thats not too steep in price? i heard those language schs are not very good coz some don't teach hangul, only conversations. another one is the NUS exchange.

    wow, im so excited to know u, now i can find someone to ask questions and to exchange korean recipes with =) so i see you like 장동건? i used to like 배용준 but now, i think i prefer 김주혁 after watching 프라하의 연인 (lovers in prague) hehe.

    so u can be my teacher hor? when can i ever reach your standard *sigh*

     
  • At 12:56 pm, Blogger Sandy, 샌디 said…

    Evan 씨
    감사하니다.
    But I'm definitely no teacher. When I first started writing in Korean, it was terrible 'cos my sentences had to be very short since my vocab is really limited and I only know present tense. But I wanted to practise so, I had to be thick-skinned, he he.

    I'm taking lessons from Cambridge - 제 선생님 너무 너무 좋아요. 10월후에 제 한국어 아직 잘 못해요. They teach Hangul here. Not sure which level you are at. I strongly recommend my teacher - Stella Kim - but I'm not sure if she's doing any Intermediate class now. Personally, I think schools are still better than community centres. You can try NUS Extension too. I think there's a teacher by the name of Ebony who's also very popular.

    Good luck in your search for the right school ; )

    안녕

     

Post a Comment

<< Home