happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Cooking Korean Food is Fun


With long weekends and more time on my hand, I’ve been trying out a few new dishes and new bakes. I must say my craze for Korean food is back. Been trying out new Korean restaurants and cooking new Korean dishes.

On Christmas Day, I tried 삼계탕 (Ginseng Chicken Soup) and two new appetisers -- Stewed Lotus and pickled radish (don’t know their names in Korean). But I think떡볶이 or spicy rice cake is still my favourite.

But today, I tried a new dish – zucchini kimchi. It’s something I adapted from a recipe I got from My Korean Kitchen – a fantastic blog with step-by-step guides for those who loves to cook Korean food. The original recipe uses tofu instead of zucchini.

It’s more a side dish but I had this as a main dish for my dinner tonight. It’s really easy to make. Cut zucchini into 0.8 cm thick slices. Blanched in boiling water for a couple of minutes. Leave it aside. Put 1 tsp each of sesame oil, hot pepper sauce (I bought some from Auntie Kim’s Kitchen at Thomson and it’s really good) and sugar in pan, fry kimchi (about 200g) for a few minutes. Add enoki mushroom.

Put kimchi mixture on top of zucchini and add toasted black sesame seeds as garnish.

Enjoy ; )

3 Comments:

  • At 8:15 pm, Blogger Spicebears 스파이스베어 said…

    I would love to try your zucchini kimchi. You are really creative. ^^ I love the food at Auntie Kim’s Kitchen. But i didnt know i can buy hot pepper sauce from there. Thanks for sharing ;)

     
  • At 11:05 pm, Blogger Sandy, 샌디 said…

    Thank you but I'm still learning everyday from other experts ; )

    Actually, I bought the pepper sauce from 헌국떡집 - the korean sweet rice cake shop which is next block from Auntie Kim's restaurant. Just $3 for a small container which I think I can last quite long. They also sell 떡 for spicy rice cake but I have not tried it yet.

    Went to Auntie Kim's for dinner tonite and the food was really good. 정말 맛있었어요.

     
  • At 11:03 am, Blogger Spicebears 스파이스베어 said…

    Oic. Thanks again.^^

    Have a good year ahead!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home