happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Getting High on FOOD ; )

Today is an extremely haPPy day for me : )

Simply ‘cos it revolved around food.

I woke up bright and early and baked a loaf of apricot nutty bread before 9am. Had a good tennis session, followed by a very good Korean lunch @ Ju Shin Jung, off Pasir Panjang. There was a very good-looking Korean manager there too : )

And then I made my own strawberry mango jam and gingerbread boys! As I took the 'boys' out from the oven, I was wondering if they would hop off the tray and run away, just like the fairy tales I grew up with. Anyway, both are new attempts in preparation of X'mas gifts for friends… pretty proud of myself, I must say.

I’m no food connoisseur but I do live to eat. Can’t imagine what will happen if I can’t get good food. I remembered how sad I was last year when there was a shortage of eggs (‘cos of bird flu) and I couldn’t find eggs to bake my cakes and cookies!

So I always count my blessings that I have three good meals every day and I’m able to bake and cook what I want. It's sad that there are many unfortunate people at different corners of the world who have to go hungry without food.

May God bless them.


Run, Gingerbread Boys, RUN!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:07 am, Blogger Sandy, 샌디 said…

    now i know why you can't comment. I changed a setting. Have moved it back...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home