happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A Crush on Jang Dong-gun

I consider myself a modern woman, a professional who is always up to date with technology and fashion. But when it comes to entertainment, I’ve always been a laggard. So, it was not surprising that I have never watched any Korean TV dramas or movies. In fact, I used to wonder why women go goo-goo, ga-ga over Korean actors. I could never understand why people were crazy over Bae Yong-Joon whom in my opinion, looks pale and weak.

I held these views until I watched “All About Eve”. And this changed my life. It's amazing considering the fact that I didn't know even know the name of the lead actor until I searched for info on All About Eve on the Net. Of course I had never heard of Jang Dong-gun before. He was just another actor – no doubt handsome with his dovey and lovely eyes. Even my mom commented he was very “lang zai” (meaning good-looking in Cantonese). But as the character played by Jang Dong-gun developed, I was slowly getting hooked. Yep, I was getting hooked by this Mr Nice CEO, who is quiet, yet reassuring, powerful yet humble and best of all, sacrificial in his wait for his love to say ‘yes’.

I was so touched not just by his character on screen but what I read about him in real life. In fact, I must thank him making my heart live again. Having been divorced for a couple of years, I was happy and contented being single. In fact, I was resigned to the fact that I’ll probably never get married again. Guess I enjoy the many other 'loves' in my life too much and saw no need to have a long time companion.

Neither did I have the desire to look for another man. The reason is simple. I’ve been there and done that. And my heart was kindof half dead. All thanks to Jang Dong-gun for awakening the flutter in my heart again. Now, there seems to be hope that there may be a Mr Nice out there waiting for me.


But I'm not gonna bank my life on it nor pine for someone. Since I'm a strong believer of fate, I'll just leave it to fate. In the meanwhile, I'll continue to enjoy life and be happy : )

Here are three things I plan to do to make me happy:
1. Watch All About Eve for a third time
2. Buy other Jang Dong-gun’s TV dramas, movies and albums, and swoon over this gorgeous man
3. Visit Korea and hope I meet Jang Dong-gun!

What a crush for an "over-aged, forever 18 gal"!

Note: Many thanks to Just Jang Dong-gun Website for allowing me to post this photo on my blog.

To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already threeparts dead. - Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides. - David Viscott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home