happy gal 88

This blog is about all things that make me happy. Why happy gal? Because I strongly believe that life is short and we must treasure every second of it. Why brood and live life unhappily?! I hope every reader finds some happiness on this blog : ) See my Korean blog - Seoul Far Seoul Good - @ http://www.seoulfarseoulgood.blogspot.com/

Thursday, November 03, 2005

A Salute to Jang Dong-gun

It’s only been two weeks since my first “encounter” with heartthrob Jang Dong-gun. And in that short period, I have watched another of his TV drama – Medical Brothers and two movies – Repecharge and 2009 Lost Memories.

I was quite sad that Medical Brothers had a bad ending where the character played by JDG died. It’s hard to believe but I cried and went to work the next day with swollen eyes (yeah, I can’t stand watching people cry, they cry, I cry).

If I were to sum up the two JDG dramas I’ve watched so far, All About Eve and Medical Brothers – I would give the former an A*. I enjoyed it very much and I may just watch it a third time. Besides the character played by JDG, I also love Chae Rim’s character – she’s always so cheery, exactly what a happy gal should be!

As for his movies, I prefer 2009 Lost Memories. This is the first Korean language movie I’ve watched as I couldn’t find one in Mandarin. But I’m glad I did – it’s nice to hear JDG speak instead of hearing someone else’s voice over. He's got a nice and sexy voice : ) And even though I didn't really fancy science fiction movies, I enjoyed the plot and story. His acting was also first-class. Guess JDG’s good looks and charm must have contributed to it! But of course...

I’m now hunting high and low for his TV drama and movies. So far, I’ve combed more than 15 shops in Singapore selling CDs, VCDs & DVDs. But I’ve only managed to find Myth of a Hero and Icing, in addition to the other two movies. Friends I checked with laughed at me and said Jang Dong-gun’s passé! Especially since the rage now in Singapore is Rain and Bae Yong-Joon.

I was quite offended by such remarks cos even though he doesn’t do any TV dramas now doesn’t make him passé… can’t believe how anyone can ever say that such a gorgeous and mesmerizing actor can be passé! Personally, I admire his courage in moving away from TV dramas to go into the movie industry. Indeed, recent accolades and his recent awards have proven he is on the right track.

After reading the reviews of JDG’s past movies, I am quite impressed by the different roles that he has taken on. And
it’s great knowing that this great actor is going to appear on the cover of TIME magazine – a first for the Korean film industry. Will certainly check out the book stores next week. To all the fans out there, remember to check this out!

Here are my favourite JDG websites:

  1. Just Jang Dong-gun
  2. Official English website


Once again, many thanks to Just Jang Dong-gun website for the use of his photo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home